Re-engineering Logistics for Today's Healthcare Manufacturers
The pressures in today's healthcare market are a business reality—forcing manufacturers to make continual adjustments to their operations to adapt to the changing healthcare landscape. Owens & Minor works to help manufacturers meet the challenge with innovative, global solutions designed to:
- Improve visibility and availability of inventory
- Increase quality at the point of care through improved inventory management
- Capture savings on final mile deliveries
- Dramatically improve salesforce efficacy
Our Solutions Drive Out Complexity, from First Mile to Last Mile
Point of Care: Boost Operational Efficiency and Market Share Growth
At O&M, we have fine-tuned our expertise in delivering to the point of care. By aligning our expert delivery service with our in-hospital inventory specialists, we dramatically simplify in-market delivery for our manufacturing customers.
- Streamline product flow
- Aggregate thousands of inventory locations into our extensive network of market-based centers
- Alleviate the burden of supply chain activities so manufacturers can focus on product innovation
- Free sales representatives from performing inventory management tasks, enabling them to reach their full, focused potential
First Mile Logistics: Lower Operating Costs and Lift Service Levels
Our network of state-of-the-art logistics centers helps manufacturers consolidate warehousing and transportation. Starting at the point of manufacture, we provide distribution and warehousing solutions that eliminate pain points throughout the supply chain.
- Deliver higher sales-to-inventory ratios
- Help reduce inventory and supply chain costs
- Improve service by increasing reach—90% of all U.S. healthcare providers are within four hours of an O&M distribution center
Specialty Services: Refocus Energy on Manufacturing's Core Mission
When manufacturers concentrate on making great products, they win—and so do providers and patients. By leveraging O&M's expertise to deal with supply chain complexities, manufacturers can focus more energy on market opportunities.
- Deliver expertise in key areas like product returns, order-to-cash process, IT integration, and regulatory compliance
- Provide better tracking of instruments and implants
- Manage distribution from point of manufacture to point of care, using advanced demand and inventory planning
- Provide compliance with fully-documented quality systems
With the investments we have made in our network, we can handle products that are owned by a provider or a manufacturer—through a traditional buy-sell model or a fee-for-service basis. This means we have unmatched flexibility in the market.
Owens & Minor's logistics connects the first mile to the final mile.Geoff Marlatt
SVP, Manufacturer Services Read More
When Acelity needed to find a global manufacturing services partner to reduce redundant warehousing, it focused on healthcare expertise, services offerings, and future manufacturing services opportunities
Owens & Minor delivered $1.6 million in savings to dateRead More
We are in the middle of the flow of goods, funds and information from the point-of-manufacturer all the way to the point-of-care. We value the opportunity to connect products to allow healthcare professionals make healing happen. Our long-standing service to providers allows manufacturers even greater opportunity to make this connection.Cody Phipps
President & CEO