In 2014, Acelity, a new entity formed from three companies, became a global medical technology company. Acelity, a multi-billion dollar leader in advanced wound therapeutics and regenerative medicine, needed a global manufacturing services partner to help reduce redundant warehousing. For a solution, Acelity wanted a partner with medical expertise, a range of service offerings, and future opportunities to expand the relationship. Owens & Minor offered the best solution for consolidating services in the U.S. and Europe.
After partnering with Owens & Minor, Acelity achieved cost reductions across its supply chain by consolidating warehouse pricing and product lines, contracting shared transportation, increasing productivity with picking activities, and automating warehouse services.
Owens & Minor Leverages its Global Solutions to Serve the Global Needs of Acelity
A strong partnership and access to global solutions result in initial savings of $1.6 million.
- Redundant warehousing
- Consolidation of processes in various countries
- Support for shipments of three million cases of dressing and disposable products annually
- $1.6 million in initial savings
- Warehouse consolidation pricing
- Picking productivity gains
- Transportation contract sharing
- Consolidation of product lines
- Improved support for shipments of three million cases of dressing and disposable products annually